What is Mineola Civic Center?

The Mineola Civic Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and is supported by donations, special event and recreational vehicle rental income. Our Complex is comprised of 38 acres, which includes Meredith Hall, Peggy & Jack Jones Pavilion, John & Reba Myers Splash Park, an RV Park, tennis court facilities, picnic areas with grills, areas for walking and jogging and large open fields.

MCC is governed by a nonprofit Board of Directors while the day-to-day operations are administered by the General Manager.

Formed in 1972, the mission was to develop and permanently maintain a community meeting facility for many local, nonprofit and charitable organizations. It is available to all citizens of Mineola and the surrounding area.

Who can be a member of Mineola Civic Center?

The Mineola Civic Center is for everyone. Our bylaws state, “Any person residing in the Mineola trade area who is in sympathy with and interested in assisting in achieving the purposes of the corporation shall be granted membership in the corporation.”

Does the City of Mineola own Mineola Civic Center?

No. Mineola Civic Center is an independent nonprofit organization and is not supported financially by the City of Mineola or tax dollars. However, we work closely with the City of Mineola to serve our community!

How do I book for an event?

Thank you for your interest in hosting your event at Mineola Civic Center! There are several places to hold your event. Click Here to request information. Someone from our staff will contact you to discuss the best location for your event.

What is your alcohol policy?

Is security required for my event?

Security is required for a minimum of 4 hours when alcohol will be served and must be staffed by off-duty Mineola Police officers. The number of officers required is determined by the size of the event.  MCC management reserves the right to require security for other social events and/or large attendance events. Mineola Civic Center will arrange for security through the Mineola Police Department. Leasee is responsible for the cost of security officers and must be paid prior to the event according to the contract. Security must remain in place until the end of the event.

For the safety of our guests’, security is managed by video surveillance in strategic areas of the park and daily patrol by Mineola Police Department.

Am I allowed to bring outside food & beverages into Meredith Hall for my event?

We have an exclusive caterer for your event who provides food and beverages. Click here to view catering options.

How do I contact the Mineola Civic Center?

You will find information about contacting the Mineola Civic Center on the Contact Page.

How do I get to Mineola Civic Center?

You will find information about the location of the Mineola Civic Center on the Contact Page.

Is there a charge to have a party at the Peggy and Jack Jones Pavilion?

Yes. This covered pavilion has twelve picnic tables of various sizes. Restrooms with changing tables are available nearby. Use of the pavilion for a party of any kind requires a rental fee. Click here for more information.

Is there a charge to have lunch at the Peggy and Jack Jones Pavilion?

No. There is only a charge for this pavilion if you are having a party. We encourage people to use the pavilion.

Is there a charge for a party to use the picnic areas in the park?

No. Feel free to use the non-covered picnic areas with grills. They are on a first come, first serve basis.

Can I bring a school group to the playground and/or the Peggy and Jack Jones Pavilion?

A reservation is not required, but is preferred. During the spring and fall, several area schools and daycare centers use our open park areas for field trips. Calling to make a reservation ensures MCC is prepared for your visit.

Can I have a bounce house or other inflatable ride for an event? (Continuous Air Flow Inflatable Rides)?

Requests from schools or churches may be granted with prior approval of the General Manager. A current State of Texas amusement ride compliance sticker which includes proof of insurance and inspection certificate is required prior to approval. Please contact the office for approval.

Can I have mail or packages shipped to me as an RV guest?

We do not have a shipping and receiving department at Mineola Civic Center. Please contact our office for information about alternative arrangements.

Do I need a reservation for the RV park?

It’s not required but is suggested. Reservations can be made in the following ways:

  • Call the RV reservation number – 903-369-7878

  • Click the reservation link here

  • Visit the MCC RV Park office in Meredith Hall during business hours.

  • Find more information on the MCC RV Park website.

Do you offer Wi-Fi?

Yes. We have specific networks in order to accommodate a large number of guests at a time.

  • Guest network - Provided to the community free of charge, does not require a password.

  • RV Guest network*

  • Vendor network for events in Meredith Hall*

*password required

Is Mineola Civic Center accessible to individuals with disabilities?

  • The Mineola Civic Center Complex is accessible to individuals with disabilities throughout all entrances. Access ramps are also located at designated entrances. Parking spaces for individuals with disabilities are available in adjacent parking areas.

  • The Peggy & Jack Jones Pavilion is equipped with restroom and shower facilities that are accessible. 

  • The South entrance of Meredith Hall is equipped with a wheelchair access ramp.